cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goliathuk
Level 7

ePO 5.0 not giving the option to synch to AD?

Hi all -

we are just in the process of configuring a new ePO 5.0 installation. When we come to trying to sych part of the system tree with an AD OU containing test workstations we can configure it no problem, however we do not get the option to synchronize now (the button remains greyed out):

epo.jpg

As you can hopefully see from the screenshot, we can browse the AD structure no problem (via a registered LDAP server, tried two of these) and select OUs to add (I've tried a few of these too) - I can save the Synch Settings and they remain in place, just can't synch them!! Server tasks does not give me the option to create an AD/Domain synch task either, it just isn't listed.

Any ideas? I'm probably missing something really obvious but I'm stumped :-(

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
12 Replies
alexn
Level 14

Re: ePO 5.0 not giving the option to synch to AD?

Try "None" and save the Page and aging configure this page with LDAP or Domain options.

0 Kudos
goliathuk
Level 7

Hi -

I've tried this and still no joy. I can configure and save the settings with no issues, it just does not allow me to click on Syncronize Now or set up a scheduled job.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
alexn
Level 14

Please add a complete screenshot of the settings that you are applying on this page .

on 7/2/13 12:00:03 PM CDT
0 Kudos
goliathuk
Level 7

I've tried various combinations, but these are the current:

eposs1.jpg

eposs2.jpg

0 Kudos
ulyses31
Level 16

When you defined your LDAP server did you test its connection to see if it can connect to it? If you use a domain name instead of registered LDAP can you synchronize it?

Maybe it could be a problem with your browser, which one are you using?

0 Kudos
goliathuk
Level 7

We have two LDAP servers defined, both connections test OK (as seen from the screenshots, i can browse and add OUs from our AD structure no problem). I get the same result when using domain name (can browse the structure no problem, just not synch).

I've tried Chrome, Firefox, IE 8 and IE 10 and all just have the button greyed out. To confirm, there is also no option to set up a scheduled AD sync job either.

0 Kudos
ulyses31
Level 16

Ooops sorry, I forgot you were able to read the Ou's so the problem must be with the LDAP extension your ePO seem to lack (or maybe it's damaged).

Can you have a look at your ePo extensions and check if under the Server section you have the LDAP Extension?

ldap.jpg

0 Kudos
goliathuk
Level 7

Hi Laszlo -

I may be missing something but I cant find this option anywhere, should it be available via the standard :8443 epo console page?

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
ulyses31
Level 16

Yes, you can find it under Menu->Software->Extensions and under the Server section (as in the screenshot) you should find the LDAP extension if it exists

0 Kudos