cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO 4.6.x - Exporting Policies, Assignments, etc. from XML to XLS/DOC

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I believe the subject line says it all. - We're looking to build a new McAfee v5.3.x environment from ground up. And one of the steps is to identify how the current system is configured (polices, task assignments, catalogs, etc.). Than turn around, and "use" what we need for the new.

I've exported everything. The XMLs are causing me grief. They're not exactly in a "read-able". Is there a template, process, etc. that I can use to aid me to 'covert' to Word/Excel/etc? - As much as I love screenshots, that is not the way to go. We have a truck load of policies/assignments/tasks, etc. that were created in splatter method.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!!

Tomas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DocB
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: ePO 4.6.x - Exporting Policies, Assignments, etc. from XML to XLS/DOC

Jump to solution

Tomas,

This tool is available in the Tools\epo tools section:

ePO-API-Documentation-Builder v1.0.5

I have no idea as to how well it works with 5.3.x, let us know.  You can make a product enhancement request, I have.

Thanks,

DocB

3 Replies
DocB
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Tomas,

This tool is available in the Tools\epo tools section:

ePO-API-Documentation-Builder v1.0.5

I have no idea as to how well it works with 5.3.x, let us know.  You can make a product enhancement request, I have.

Thanks,

DocB

Jump to solution

Hi Tomas, Following the GUIDELINES in "https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB71078" (DO NOT COPY THE FOLDERS AND FILES FROM OLD TO NEW SERVERS) and because of the differences between ePO 4 and 5, I chose this route:

Build your new 5.3 server and get it functional (install all the same versions of point products and extensions as your 4.6 server)

Clone or copy the existing 4.6 ePO server.

UPGRADE the clone using the 5.3 software,

Export the 5.3 cloned policies and import them on your newly built 5.3 server.

Hope this helps,

Brandon

Jump to solution

Thank you DocB and Lingerfeltb!!

I've looked at the tool - wonderful as it is - it doesn't allow me to create and/or convert XML to read-able format. What I mean by that is....

We have a plethora of policies that have different configurations, applied to a slew of different products, which in turn are applied to various groups/clients. - i.e. nothing is quite standardized. What I was hoping for is a more read-able format that I can take, and say... here is what we have, this is what we need - in a quick and easy method instead of drilling down into the spider-web of "rules".

If it can't be done, so be it. Figured ask. Someone might have the solution. Never know....