Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zarberg
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 20

Re: ePO 4.6 to 5.x in-place upgrade

Jump to solution

All went well with the SQL upgrade, I even connected to the new DB, but after a restart ePO somehow can't connect to the new DB from the core config page - I first discovered this when I tried to login from the 4.6.6 to 5.0.1 upgrade (as part of the first few click "next" pages on the upgrade app) and it said my credentials were incorrect despite having used them just before the previous reboot.

McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Message 12 of 20

Jump to solution

At a guess, I'd reckon that the details on the core-config page are not quite correct for the new SQL instance. Can you attach the db.properties file from the <install folder>\Server\conf\orion folder?

Thanks -

Joe

zarberg
Level 10
Message 13 of 20

Jump to solution

I got the SQL issues worked out so the 4.6.x is running on 2008 express 64 bit SQL, but now when trying to run the upgrade to 5.x, things are all goofy.

At first I got a message that said "starting the new services" and after 30 minutes I finally got another message that the login credentials I supplied were incorrect. The install then said it couldn't complete and was rolling back.

Not sure where I went wrong, I followed THIS to the letter.

zarberg
Level 10
Message 14 of 20

Jump to solution

Hmmm, after a reboot things appear to be installing correctly on 5.0.1

and ... shiver me timbers, it's finishing up! the 5.0.1 services are all started!

Jump to solution

I have concern about license when migrate from 4.6 to 5.0, does it migrate license too.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 20

Jump to solution

Yes, it does.  However, there are some major concerns with upgrading from 4.6 to a supported version of epo - that is going to take several upgrades to get to the latest version and that can cause problems with certificate strength and other issues.  Also, there is no support with upgrading from one unsupported version to another.  I would highly recommend setting up a new server and migrating your systems and policies.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thank you for your support.

So I have other question, may i backup license and restore after install new server.

If it can, how do I get it.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 18 of 20

Jump to solution

Do you mean the license key for epo?  You can find that license key listed on the download page after you enter your grant number.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Dear cdinet,

So may I using vesion test download from McAfee and adding old key on server 4.6, doesnt it work?

Or I must download version with grant number and active by that key only?

Cause the current version is vendor install, and they now no longer work with us?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 20 of 20

Jump to solution

The license key for your active grant number for McAfee products will work on any epo server as long as that grant number is not expired.  To verify you are using correct license key, log into the download page using your grant number and you will see the license key.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community