cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pierce
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

ePO 4.6 and ePO 4.5P1 - Possible to run side by side in an org?

Jump to solution

Hey,

I have been trying for MONTHS to upgrade my ePO 4.5 patch 1 to patch 3... and now to patch 4. and it fails everytime (mcafee tickets open, discussions on here).

My next possible solution would be to create a new box on windows 2008 R2 or whatever ePO 4.6 supports and setup a nice new clean server with the latest and greatest of all the versions of the end point software we use.

I know you can transfer the keys between two ePO servers but does this work across major versions like this?

Or should I setup the new server, and then force the agent install over any machines as I want to take them over, for example install on all machines in europe?

Any ideas or suggestions on the best way to do this would be most appreciated, its just an idea at the moment! My old box is a mess that I have inherited so I think this might be a good chance to do some serious house keeping and just bring over the policies I want (yes I know I cant export and re-import different versions but I dont have many).

thanks,

Pierce

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: ePO 4.6 and ePO 4.5P1 - Possible to run side by side in an org?

Jump to solution

We can transfer the keys/machines between same ePO versions/same patch level.

You can't transfer from ePO 4.5 patch x to ePO 4.6.

Yes, we have to do a force agent install if you are planning to manage the machine from newly build ePO.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
5 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

We can transfer the keys/machines between same ePO versions/same patch level.

You can't transfer from ePO 4.5 patch x to ePO 4.6.

Yes, we have to do a force agent install if you are planning to manage the machine from newly build ePO.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
pierce
Level 13
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks Hem,

Thats as I expected.

Just to clarify, rebuilding VSE and Agent policies is only going to take minutes so im not worried for these.

However if I have HIPS v7 in both ePO's can I export the policy into xml and migrate across? Or is it looking at the ePO version as well?

At least its good to know there is a last resort to upgrading!

thanks,

Pierce

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

I apologize, it may work or may not work. It's not supported scenario.

Was my reply helpful?

pierce
Level 13
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

No Problem! Of course im sure the real supported scenario is the ePO server just gets itself upgraded as it should rather than crashing out each time

thanks,

Pierce

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Transferring systems via the ePO action menu works fine for me between ePO 4.5P3 and ePO 4.6.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator