cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO 4.6 SQL Database maintenance plan

Hi All,

McAfee KB67184 details maintenance plan settings beyond backup for the ePO 4.0\4.5 SQL databases - does anyone know if these maintenance steps specifically; Check Database Integrity and Rebuild Index for the DB are recommended for v4.6?

I do this with 4.5 so I assume the same is true for 4.6 does anyone have any information regarding this? I may open up a call with McAfee but I thought I'd check here first.

Thanks

Mark

4 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee spamidi
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: ePO 4.6 SQL Database maintenance plan

Yes - they are recommeded - irrespective of the ePO version. Database Maintenance is not specific to ePO - this is needed to maintain the overall health of the user databases - which includes the ePO database. Hope that answers your query.

thanks for the info - i will go ahead and apply it to backend DB

McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Actually, you might run into a small problem with this, as in you may see some errors during the index reorganisation step (assuming you have one.)  This is nothing to worry about   Some changes have eben made to the database from epo 4.5.4 onwards - please see KB73170 for details. I'm hoping to update this (and other related) articles with a script that should handle this without errors.

HTH -

Joe

thanks thats great!

Mark

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.