cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tiffanyyor23
Level 7

ePO 4.6.9 won't purge events

Hi guys,

I am currently running into an issue where events will not purge.  They will not purge through configured task nor will they purge when you select them and choose purge as the action.  All I see in the bottom right corner is "Purging the file integrity events".  I let it sit like this for a while before hitting F5 and the events are still there.  We currently have 23675 events and can't purge a single one.   Please help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tiffanyyor23
Level 7

Re: ePO 4.6.9 won't purge events

I must add the events in question are File Integrity Monitoring events.

0 Kudos
tao
Level 13

Build a test query/table on 23675 events; filter on a smaller set - perhaps, Event Generated Time - Is within the last hour or day (results should be a lot smaller then 23675)... Run query <> delete the results: if you're able to delete the results (fairly quickly) then perhaps the deleting of 23675 events may be too much for the ePODB (all at once) or just needs to take a lot longer - perhaps create a after hours purging task (less of an impact on ePODB during business hrs).

0 Kudos
tiffanyyor23
Level 7

Hi,

We had tried to purge a few events, 3 - 5, and this did not work.  We have a task that runs to purge threat events and client events which works on everything BUT the file integrity events.

0 Kudos