Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbosworth
Level 7

ePO 4.6.6 will not discover a specific host

Jump to solution

Hello,

My ePO 4.6.6 is setup to discover via AD, and it typically works without issue.  I am having troubles discovering one particular host that I recently added to the domain.  I have verified the newly added domain computer is in the correct Organizational Unit.  For some reason, even though I've re-added it to the domain, ePO will not discover this new host.  I've looked everywhere that I know, and I don't see any issues with the AD setup.

Does anyone know how I can manually add a host or force ePO to find this host? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: ePO 4.6.6 will not discover a specific host

Jump to solution

If it's just a single (or a few) machines, you can manually add them to the relevant group by using the "New Systems" system tree action - this will let you send an agent to the machine(s) as well in a single action, if that's what you wish.

HTH -

Joe

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jbosworth
Level 7

Jump to solution

Bump...

This isn't an emergency but it would be great if someone out there knows the answer to this.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

If it's just a single (or a few) machines, you can manually add them to the relevant group by using the "New Systems" system tree action - this will let you send an agent to the machine(s) as well in a single action, if that's what you wish.

HTH -

Joe

0 Kudos
jbosworth
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks, JoeBidgood--that was exactly what I had been looking for but somehow overlooked!  I really appreciate your response.  It's amazing what another set of eyes can do when you're seemingly stuck in the mud.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
frank_enser
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi, the server task protocol of the AD sync task show no errors?

0 Kudos
jbosworth
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks, Frank Enser.  I hadn't seen any errors with the AD synch but it's good advice.  I appreciate your time.

Message was edited by: jbosworth on 2/20/14 10:08:55 AM CST
0 Kudos