Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kink80
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 13

Re: ePO 4.6.4 Purge Audit Logs Server task taking hours to complete

Jump to solution

When I ran a query from within ePO about the items that are older than 3 months I got the following results. is there a way for me to stop logging the "Change sorting status" action in the Audit log? We reset the sorting status on all of our 17,000 machines every night to make sure they are sorted into the correct groups if they had been moved for temporary purposes.

Jump to solution

Hmm, well it may sound like a hack, but the only thing I can think of is to setup a manual sql task to delete the 'change sorting status' rows on a nightly basis if this is the reason your audit logs are so large.

-KJ

Highlighted
kink80
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 13

Jump to solution

I have managed to resolved this issue by using SQL command to delete rows out of the OrionAuditLog table manually. Although this may be frowned upon it did do the trick and now my Automated ePO server task to Purge the Audit log now runs successfully every night. Thanks for all the responses.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community