cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ePO 4.6.2 - From 2003 32bits to 2008 R2 64bits

Just curious - I'm trying to build the server freestanding while connecting to the db.  Any reason that this wouldn't work?  I'm building up as much as possible (importing policies, tasks, etc) and then for my official cutover we will just change the name and IP to match the current production boxes that are running today. 

feblex
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 22 of 23

In that case I'm not really sure, but if you copy the program files folder like it says on the kb you don't have to import any task or policies. Everything will be picked up from the database and the files there (extensions, customizations, policies, etc...). After i finished the kb and started ePO everything was there.

I guess that if you do it like that then you must install every extension in the exact version you had before so you can manage all the clients correctly.

Highlighted

@feblex - thanks for the response.  I've done about all I can do at this point until the official cutover.  I did go thru the entire KB moving files, changing folders and parameters in the xml files.  I can't attach to the DB until we've done the renaming and IP matchup.  Hopefully by following that KB and having the key stores imported as part of that I'll have success.  Thanks for your advice and info!

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community