cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO 4.5 compliance report issues + duplicate entries in generated reports

Hi everyone,

I am kind of new around here so please bear with me. I hope I am posting this to the right location. If not, just someone please point me to the right direction. Thank you very much.

My 2 problems are as follows:

1.  I have in my care, an ePO 4.5 Server installation, with over 14K of end points to manage. The systems have VSE 8.7 deployed, and some of them have HIPS. We have several scheduled reports going out on a daily basis. One of these reports, is a "compliance report" based  on a criteria formed of three elements: Product Version (Agent) , DAT Version (VirusScan Enterprise) , and Product Version (VirusScan Enterprise). The report has two sections: compliant systems and non-compliant systems.

Everything went normal, until almost 3 weeks ago, when all of the sudden, systems that are compliant according to the setup up criteria, started to show up in the "non-compliant" section of the report also. This would be my first problem.

2.  My second problem it is somehow related  with the first one. The generated reports started to show up multiple entries, as in 2, 3, or even 4 entries of the same system. This is happening for hundreds of systems on a random pattern it seems. For clarity, I have inserted below a capture from a recent generated report. I have edited the data for privacy purposes, replacing some characters with X`s.

duplicate_entries.jpg

Each and every additional entry in the report, add itself to the systems total at the end. In this way the final results are not correct and not reliable.

I would really appreciate any help in this case, even a small advice or a pointer to the right direction. Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards

5 Replies
hemantk
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: ePO 4.5 compliance report issues + duplicate entries in generated reports

Hello Brainbyte.

I m also facing same Issue, I have also raised this to McAfee Support, but still the Issue is not resolved.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

When you have multiple machines listed, if you select one of them with the tick box, are all the other instances of that machine selected as well?

Thanks -

Joe

Hi Joe,

Yes, when I click any entry, all the entries are automatically selected. Thank you.

Best regards

hemantk
Level 12
Message 5 of 6

Yes..... if i select one of them with the tick box, all the other instances of that machine get selected as well, And also count is showing as 1 System.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Thanks to both of you

This sounds like an issue that we believe only affects ePO 4.5. What's happening is that ePO incorrectly thinks that the client machine has multiple versions of the same product installed, which is clearly impossible   This causes the reports to display each version on each machine as though it were a separate system: this in turn is why, when you select one, they are all selected since in reality they are all the same machine.

At the moment the issue is still being investigated, but there are a number of approaches that can be used in the meantime.

Firstly, if you delete the machine's entry from ePO (but don't remove the agent) then the next time it communicates it will create a new entry with only the correct information. If only a few machines are affected this is an easy solution but it becomes more complex if there are large numbers of machines, or if you have EEPC on the client machines.

Alternatively, if you open a case with Support, there are SQL scripts that can be used to remove the incorrect entries.

Finally, upgrading to ePO 4.6 should prevent the issue from recurring.

HTH -

Joe