Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcs1211
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 14

ePO 4.5 Properties Issue

I have just setup my ePO 4.5 server.  It is a new server and I am adding test users to it.  I have a number of workstations that are managed but not reporting their properties correctly.  I have contacted support but they could not help me.  Anyone have this issue also?

13 Replies
GWIRT
Level 12
Message 2 of 14

Re: ePO 4.5 Properties Issue

What properties are not reporting correctly?

bcs1211
Level 9
Message 3 of 14

Specifically the hot fix/patch level is not reporting at all. We are at

8.5 SP8 and the registry on the machine and the properties on the machine shows the SP8 but not on the ePO server.

jmcleish
Level 13
Message 4 of 14

What agent version are you using and what OS are your clients?

bcs1211
Level 9
Message 5 of 14

Agent version 4.5.0.1270 and Windows XP SP2.  I am deploying the new agent through my new epo 4.5 server to Windows XP SP2 computers with epo agent 3.6.1 already on them.

jmcleish
Level 13
Message 6 of 14

You may want to  install agent 4 patch 3 (4.0.0.1494) into the repository and try that. I'm sure I had problems with the default agent and policies when I setup my 4.5 server.

Agent update did the trick.

HTH

Jane

bcs1211
Level 9
Message 7 of 14

Isn't that an older agent?  I tried that agent with our Windows server 2008 64 bit servers and had an issue that's why I went to the 4.5 agent.  I think I have it fixed and I will know by this afternoon when the California store opens.  Thank you.  I will let you know.

jmcleish
Level 13
Message 8 of 14

Sorry- I misread your version number.

I've read many posts about agent 4.5 having problems.

I've stuck with v4p3 and had no problems with it on 32 or  my 2008/64bit servers

bcs1211
Level 9
Message 9 of 14

Thank you so much I will check that registry key.  Unfortunately the machine is in California and not turned on so I have to wait until they get in.  Up until this one pc I have had no issues with the 4.5 agent, it's actually been going really well.  I will let you know what happens when I check that key.

McAfee Employee jgriffin
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 14

BCS1211,

Keep an eye on the following article linked below for McAfee Agent 4.5 updates, post release.

McAfee has created a new process with product/patch releases where an "Addendum" article will be periodically updated with any important issue information on that release "after" its original posting. This way, customers can be informed of any new issues found after release and then be able to see a supporting article for detailed information and possible remediation steps for that issue, if available. This also allows customers the ability to make better informed decisions above when to move to that particular product/patch release. You can subscribe to this article to have an email notification sent once this article has been updated in the system.

KB66152 - McAfee Agent 4.5 Release Notes (Addendum)

NOTE: You can subscribe to this article to have an email notification sent once it has been updated in the system. Steps for how to subscribe are identified in the article.

Hope this helps!

John

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community