cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO 4.5 Install Problem

Hi folks -

I've just installed ePO 4.5 on a 2003 standard server (2gb ram, dual 2.8 procs, tons of drive space). I had installed SQL express manually before the install and the procedure finished without error. Both SQL express and ePO were installed on a different drive (not on CSmiley Happy.

However, when logging into the ePO console for the first time there is no dashboard installed, no packages or extensions installed in the master repository, only a few default server tasks, and the policy config only shows the rogue sensor as a configurable option. There is no agent. I ran a repository update and checked in virusscan 8.7, which does show up. But there is no agent, or dashboard...or other stuff.

I did a test install on a different server and this time let the ePO installer install SQL express for me. This install had everything - the dashboard, a bunch of default server tasks, the agents... everything.

Any ideas what happened?

CJ
3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

RE: ePO 4.5 Install Problem

Definitely sounds like the installer has failed to a fairly large extent - to the extent that I'm surprised that it didn't throw any errors. Sounds like a lot of things have failed to be checked in.
You could go through the install logs and see if anything leaps out, but personally as it's a new install I'd uninstall and try it again Smiley Happy

Joe

Agreed. A reinstall is the priority of the day. I haven't had a chance to check the logs but will do so before starting. I did the install late last night after a very busy day and it is certainly possible that I missed something. Very likely, actually Smiley Happy

CJ

Reinstall fixed the problem. Afterward I had trouble updating the master repository, but renaming the catalog.z file fixed that problem.

CJ