cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO 4.5 In A Workgroup Environment

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if ePO 4.5.0 works within a Workgroup environment? I'm trying to install it on a Windows 2008 SP2 64 bit server in a workgroup which also hosts the SQL 2008, when it gets to the point of entering the SQL info I can see the instance in the database server drop down box but it won't authenticate the credentials either Windows or SQL it just comes up with an error "Unable to connect using the information you provided. Verify that you entered the correct information and try again." All of the necessary groups have been created and added to the SQL server as I would do for a domain install.

I've never installed ePO (any flavour) in a workgroup before so I'm not sure what is or isn't compatible!

Thanks

Stef

5 Replies

Re: ePO 4.5 In A Workgroup Environment

Just as an update, we have it installing now, it wouldn't use Windows Authentication for the SQL connection and the SQL server was set to Windows Authentication only, set it to use SQL Authentication and it seems fine.

Stef

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 6

Hi...

Glad you got it working - you beat me to it

ePO will be fine in a workgroup environment, with a couple of obvious limitations - you won't be able to push agent installs, for example, but a local install of the framepkg will be fine.

Regards -

Joe

Thanks for the update Joe. It is now installed and the framepkg.exe is created, now to deploy it!

Stef

You can still push agent installs.  You just have to do them one at a time using the target computer name for the domain and an admin username and password on the target computer.

Jay

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

That's true, of course - I phrased it badly

Joe