Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jester
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

ePO 4.5 Dashboard for new global admins not working

We are using ePO 4.5 and with the standard global admin every works fine. But when I add a new global admin, the new global admin is not able to see the graphics and results in the standard dashbord. Only "Query did not return any results" ist display in every dashbard-field. Even when the new global admin creates his own dashboard the result stays the same.

Any help on this issue?

Thx in advance

Jester

6 Replies

Re: ePO 4.5 Dashboard for new global admins not working

Is this dashboard using private queries from the admin user or are they public ones?

jester
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

The dashboard uses the standard public queries from epo. Any ideas?

Please note though that 'Query did not return any results' is not the same as 'you are not authorized...blah'

Query did not return any results means just that - the query ran but no data was returned.

There it is not likely to matter if the query was public or private as it actually executed so this is a little odd for sure.

See what happens when you run the query directly as the user rather than through the dashboard.

In the ePO console you can also select a query's details, then under actions select 'view query SQL'.

Then you can compare the actual T-Sql scriping executed for the default Admin user vs your own global admin that has issues to look for differences.

jester
Level 7
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction - I was able to fix this issue.

Jester

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Out of interest, what was the solution? It might apply to other users in future.

Thanks -

Joe

jester
Level 7
Message 7 of 7

By default all new user including global admins got the DLP Dashboard as default dashboard. In our setup this dashboard doesn't get any results. I change the default dashboard to the the "EPO overview for 4.5" and this one is displayed as expected.

Jester