cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO 4.5: Agent-to-Server Communication Secure Port query

Jump to solution

Should all the devices with MA 45 have Agent to Server secure communication port be a free port which is not used by another application or the ePO server should not have this port free. I'm checking this is to see if I should be monitoring only the ePO server or all the servers before i come to a conclusion on which port to set as the secure port.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: ePO 4.5: Agent-to-Server Communication Secure Port query

Jump to solution

Check on the ePO server: it's only the listening device that needs to avoid a port conflict.

Bear in mind that if you're going to use agent handlers, these will also need to listen on this port, so you need to choose a port that is free on the ePO server and all AH machines.

Regards-

Joe

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Check on the ePO server: it's only the listening device that needs to avoid a port conflict.

Bear in mind that if you're going to use agent handlers, these will also need to listen on this port, so you need to choose a port that is free on the ePO server and all AH machines.

Regards-

Joe

Jump to solution

Thanks Joe for clearing my doubt. I was a bit confused if the clients would also listen to the secure port.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Nope, the only ports that the agent listens on are the agent wakeup port (8081 by default ) and the superagent wakeup port (8082 by default, but only if the machine is configured as a superagent.)

Both of these can be configured by policy as well.

HTH -

Joe

Message was edited by: JoeBidgood on 22/03/11 14:14:33 GMT