Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilR
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 20

RE: Over 100MB Update files

Not necessarily, but their bloody-mindedness is making the administrators' lives a lot more difficult.

Phil, wondering how they get security patches onto their boxes...
idimou
Level 7
Message 12 of 20

It sure does. 8-)
Yet a daily update file, from McAffee, checked in to ePO manually suits me fine under the circumstances.
As for patches we use WSUS and update it periodically.
PhilR
Level 12
Message 13 of 20

I'm surprised that they let the WSUS box talk to the internet! (And if they allow that, why not allow ePO?) 😄

Phil
idimou
Level 7
Message 14 of 20

They don't. We occasionally take it off the secure net and update it through our internet proxy. Then we scan it for viruses etc and put it back to the secure net. This is roughly every month.
Obviously this scheme doesn't allow real-time updates but is lets us maintain central patch management and configuration control.
If you have any better ideas, I'm open to suggestions.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 15 of 20

Sounds pretty good to me, no connected network is secure and you make the best of a difficult situation.

back to the point though try dropping the sdat from the repository and see what happens then.
eckper
Level 7
Message 16 of 20

Hi am following this thread with interest as we are seeing almost an identical issue which is impacting the network and upsetting our admins. 😞

The differences are approx 8000 nodes VSE 8.5 (Total Protection Enterprise) EPO 4.0.0 Build 1113

We are pulling from the internet to one ePO repository and then updating aprox 250 super agents around the country. All SA are reporting back to the one ePO instance.

After reading tonyb99 advice I checked to what we are doing with SDAT's and we do not pull SDATS so really scratching my head as to why the updates are so big

Thanks in advance
Eckper
mrpg
Level 7
Message 17 of 20

So any other thoughts, I'm in the same boat as lost poster, seeing an abnormal amount of data passing, what seems to be nightly, from ePO server to superRepos.

That said, I've got a side question- can the superRepos be setup to retrieve the dat updates from the web instead of master Repo?
eckper
Level 7
Message 18 of 20

may have it sorted!

Everyone,
We have updated our Master Agent repository updates to McAfeeHttp v2 We have seen a 75% reduction in time for Super Agent updates and almost the same reduction in file size.

Give it a look and see how you go grin

RE: may have it sorted!

Did you manually add this new site to your source site list in ePO? How did you do this, as I only have the McAfeeHttp and McAfeeFtp sites in my ePO 4.5 server.
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Message 20 of 20

RE: may have it sorted!

Yes, you manually add it as a new source site. There's a sticky post woith the details at the top of this forum 🙂

HTH -

Joe
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community