Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DB-Cong
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

ePO 4.0 problem -- Anti-spyware Protection

Dear friends,

I installed ePO 4.0 on Windows Server 2003 and checked in the "Anti-spyware Enterprise Module(Version 8.5.0)" successfully.
But there's no "Anti-spyware Standard/Maximum Protection" options in the "VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i -- Access Protection Policies" tab.

Comparing with ePO 3.6, the "Anti-spyware Standard/Maximum Protection" options are in the "VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i -- Access Protection Policies" tab.

May I have any your recommendations?

Here are the screenshots:
I. ePO 3.6:
http://img.photo.163.com/yMgDns8gyoPnB9lxACBpfQ==/685110093314443441.jpg
II. ePO 4.0 Checked in Packages:
http://img.photo.163.com/aJTXJh9U5WBdQ5hZDFNI8g==/755760312468678379.jpg
III. ePO 4.0 Access Protection Policies:
http://img.photo.163.com/SA0aev9HEiQ-iBg1UjNQcw==/755760312468678381.jpg

Thank you very much~~~
11 Replies

RE: ePO 4.0 problem -- Anti-spyware Protection

yeah I cant see mine either in 4.0, but as I remember there were not very many options in the policies with the anti-spyware. Maybe they got rid of the policies for antispyware in 4.0?
DB-Cong
Level 7
Message 3 of 12

But the "Anti-spyware Standard/Maximum Protection" options is sill in the client McAfee console and it could be configured after I use ePO 4.0 to deploy McAfee VirusScan with Anti-spyware module.

Thanks so much~~
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 4 of 12

Have you rechecked in the naps for ASWE?
DB-Cong
Level 7
Message 5 of 12

Oh, may I know how to check in such naps? When clicking the "Check in" button, I see only .zip/.dat/.exe files could be checked in.
And.... Would you please tell me what "ASWE" means?

Thank you very much.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 6 of 12

Duh of course you are speaking of the 8.5 module for VSE 8.5.
Did you check this into your VSE package using installation designer? or is there a seperate package for EPO now?

I didnt think there were anymore config options for the module it just gives you some additional scan options in VSE doesnt it?
DB-Cong
Level 7
Message 7 of 12

I used the seperate zip package which was downloaded from McAfee official website to check in ePO 4.0. And then check in the Anti-Spyware module.

I did not use the Installation Designer. I used ePO to configure the policies after deployment.

There should be two more options for Access Protection Policies after I install the Anti-Spyware module. I could see those options in ePO 3.6 but I could not find them in ePO 4.0.

Thank you very much.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 8 of 12

Were there any *.nap files in the package you downloaded?
DB-Cong
Level 7
Message 9 of 12

I tried to check in the .nap file but it failed.
There are 3 kinds for package types shown in ePO 4.0 when I click the "check in" button.
1. Product or Udate (.zip)
2. Extra DAT (.DAT)
3. Super DAT (.EXE)

I've tried all these types to check in the VSMEAS850.nap (Anti-Spyware module) but all failed with the error message "Error, package is corrupt".

Dear friends, would you please tell me how to check in .nap packages in ePO 4.0?
Many many thanks.