cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: ePO 4.0 patch 6 upgrade to 4.5 fails

Yes, there is an issue with extensions, especially if you back up your production database and restore it on a test database server to connect it to you test epo server. MAKE SURE that your test application server has exact same extension versions as your production because you will be connecting your test application server to prduction database. If you dont do so, you may not have any issues in running EPO test server and pushing software. We had these issue during testing phase and were lucky to have a competent McAfee support person.

Always make sure that extensions versions mentioned in your EPO Server directory match to the one in SQL Server Tables.

Re: ePO 4.0 patch 6 upgrade to 4.5 fails

Morning All,

I am sorry for getting back late.

The workaround as i learnt, was sent after I had proceeded with a clean installation. I had to back up all the policies manually though, including the system tree. this reduced my workload by 50%.....*winks* it was still tedious anyway, especially when you have to start tracing which policy assignment certain systems should inherit.

I do not have the workaround you requested for; this is because the case was not logged by me, rather a representative. Every attempt to get a copy from the representative has been abortive(he probably changed jobs).

However, as a follow up to this issue I believe Mcafee has released ePO patch 2 (919), and this issue has been resolved in the patch as stated by mcafee.

please check that out.

In troubleshooting, i believe it has to do with extensions and also patch 6 in itself.(patch 6 makes a lot of structural adjustments to the ePO database), so therefore when the upgrade fails the first time, subsequent ones will also fail.

So i suggest you look into upgrading to ePO patch 2 or workarounds, regarding extension, that have been posted in this thread.

cheers..... mcafee gives you a reason to task your IT skills.....because you just have to keep troubleshooting *winks*

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator