Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 41 of 56

RE: Unsupport products in ePO 4.0

In our environment, i have decided not to support Win9X systems under EPO. The only issue that remains is about 14 systems running VirusScan 7.1. This will not be supported under EPO 4.0. The systems that run VSE 7.1 are very slow machines that might get slower if upgraded to VSE 8.x. When it comes time to move to EPO 4.0, I will remove the EPO agent from these 14 systems and let them manage themselves.

RE: Unsupport products in ePO 4.0

Could you elaborate on this issue? I'm not sure if this what I'm seeing - but I certainly have a strong password and my upgrade is rolling back right at the end of the installation.

Is there a specific error message? Anything in the logs I can look for to confirm this is the issue?

Thanks in advance.
-Ryan
mdyer
Level 7
Message 43 of 56

HIPS 7.0 is out

FYI: HIPS 7 has been released as of about a week ago.

Keep in mind that EPO 4 was a ground-up rewrite and that which products would be supported at release was a hotly debated topic during the beta. In the end, the decision was to get EPO 4 out with support for key products and not delay the release cycle. I know that in the case of HIPS, there's a 6.1 extension on the way but I don't expect to see one for HIPS 6.0.1.

Last week I just did a large conversion (4000+ nodes) to EPO 4 and I'm really impressed with how much easier it is to work with versus EPO 3.x. Specifically, the customer I was working with had a big mix of agent versions, engine versions, virusscan versions, dat versions, etc. and with EPO 4 I was able to set up a couple of dashboards specific to the conversion that provided the info at a glance. With EPO 3.x I would have been continually running reports until the process was complete.

I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the Rogue System Detector for EPO 4 as it's going to be difficult/impossible to get some clients converted without this functionality.

I'll check to see what I can find out on SCM. I know it's in the works but I haven't seen any ETAs on the target dates.

Epo 4.0 and Desktop Firewall 8.5

Anyone know if there are any compatibilty issues between these two?
sswari
Level 7
Message 45 of 56

RE: Epo 4.0 and Desktop Firewall 8.5

I have to say, I have very mixed feelings about the interface. I really liked the tree view in 3.x versions. If they make the system page scrollable I would be a very happy person. I hate applications that you have to page through.

Sam

Are they going to include Rouge System Detection in ePO 4.0? :confused:

anyone know when patch 1 is coming out?
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 48 of 56

According to some of the knowledge base articles it appears that it will be released to support by Mid February. I have not seen the release notes so don't know what will be fixed.

We have not considered looking at EPO 4.0 until this first patch.

EPO

It will actually be patch 2 or 3 that incorporates RSD 2.0 into EPO 4.0. I am currently testing the pre public beta Mcafee EPO 4.0 Sp2 with RSD 2.0. They are expecting RSD 2.0 to be released around June. Hopefully earlier than that though since testing is going good.

RE: EPO

Any further updates on patch ?
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community