cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: drhodes reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvanmeter
If you are getting errors on the installation it may be because you are using a strong password when connecting throught ntlm to the database. I ran into this also. Mcafee confirmed this to be true in the last beta and says it wont be fixed until a service pack is released.

is there any more information that you, or McAfee has on this? I am mainly looking for a 'definition' of a strong password in this case.

Thank you for the heads up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://knowledge.mcafee.com/SupportSite/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=613858&sliceI...

The problem with the installation where it looks like it is complete then rolls back is due to an issue with strong passwords. Mcafee defined it as a password with !@#$%^ type symbols. The work around was to set it to use sa password to the database on the install, when the installation is complete then you can change it back to use ntlm authentication and it wont have a problem with the special characters. This problem did not seem to exist as far as I remember in beta 2 of EPO 4 but appeared in beta 3 and the final product.
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 22 of 56

RE: drhodes reply

The password thing was enough of an issue that if you had read the epo 4.0 readme.html that comes with the software you would have found it in the list of possible problems you are likely to experience together with workaround instructions.

Using extended or double-byte characters in the global administrator or database user name or password might prevent the software from installing successfully. To workaround this issue, install the software using a Domain User that has a “simple” password. After the installation, log on to the ePO server, go to https://<SERVER>:8443/core/config, change the credentials to a User Account with a “complex” password, then restart the ePO services.
Tizuko
Level 7
Message 23 of 56

ePO 4 on SBS?

Does anybody have ePO 4.0 running succesfully on Small Business Server 2003?
Aztech
Level 7
Message 24 of 56

Rogue System Detection in ePO4.0

Any update on the status of RSD in ePO 4.0?

Cheers.

RE: Rogue System Detection in ePO4.0

Should be public beta any day now and in a full release in June. You will need 4.0 with Patch 2 when it comes out

I did the same as you. After finally succeeding installing ePO 4, I tried for days to get to work... So I am also using 3.6.1 again.
CRM
Level 7
Message 27 of 56

I went to infosec yesterday and spoke to one of the chaps i have seen before, i asked him about the beta and how to set it to deploy, we went through it and i saw the art of getting it to work.
tried the same today on my spare box, and guess what ? - yep its still not working properly.
hate to be so dismissive, but i am sticking with 3.6 until this gets sorted out, it may look pretty but IMO just isnt as logical or as easy to work with. sorry guys
Aztech
Level 7
Message 28 of 56

Spoke to McAfee techs, RSD is GONE!!!! It is no longer supported.

Cheers,
Aaron

Huh?

RSD Gone, then how did I just install the RSD 2.0 in EPO 4 a couple of days ago. I dont know who you talked to but they are wrong. I was on the prepublic beta team for the last several months and they just posted patch 2 and with rsd 2.0 a few days ago.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 30 of 56

RE: Huh?

Aztech.. dont know where you got your info from but as the last poster said

you are totally wrong.

RSD 2.0 is finally out of BETA and is on general release through the grant number accessable area of the downloads (bottom option in the EPO 4.00 downloads subsection)
(NB you will need to install EPO patch 2 first)

Personally I dont find it as easy to automate as the 3.6.1 version, but there are some nice features too
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator