RE: No SCM, HIPS 6.01 support

Thanks very much!!

Nick
dawho9
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 56

Successful upgrade for me. Upgraded my ePO 3.6.1 (+ some hot fixes) to 4.0 this morning. Took a little longer than I wanted it to because of all of the upgrade bugs I ran into (and reported) from Beta 2 to RC are still there. Here is a small list of items you might run into during an upgrade:

- Upgrade doesn't honor where you installed it last time. (i.e. Installed to drive D before and upgrade defaults to drive C.)

- At the SQL Server Authentication page you will get an error trying to connect to a default instance of SQL2000 if you used the IP Address before. You need to go to:

\install location of current epo\3.6.1\db\server.ini

Change the IP address to SQL Server Name.

Other than that, pretty smooth.

dw9
McAfee Employee mcox
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 56

WOW! I love it. Very nice. I love the dashboard. This is going over very well so far. Now, lets see what breaks. I hope nothing. I upgraded from 3.6.1 and had not a single issue. It worked flawlessly. I am seeing my workstations reporting in and reports seem to function just fine so far. Will continue to monitor the status and update here.

I cannot even get it to install on a fresh server. makes me really wonder if I want to try this on one of our live servers.

@drhodes
PLease open a new thread with an errror description.

If you're using ePO 4.0 and version of CMA included in it could you tell me CMA build version? It suppose to be cma 360 Patch 2 boundled with ePO 4.0...

Shouldnt we update http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?t=148636 list?

drhodes reply

If you are getting errors on the installation it may be because you are using a strong password when connecting throught ntlm to the database. I ran into this also. Mcafee confirmed this to be true in the last beta and says it wont be fixed until a service pack is released.

RE: drhodes reply

is there any more information that you, or McAfee has on this? I am mainly looking for a 'definition' of a strong password in this case.

Thank you for the heads up.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 20 of 56

RE: drhodes reply

Finally got around to switching one of my installs to 4.00 and its sweet. Love the dashboard and it seems way faster than my old 3.6.1 install
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator