Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
metalhead
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 56

ePO 4.0 is released

I can download it from the McAfee website - lets get it up and running folks ...

https://secure.nai.com/apps/downloads/my_products/login.asp?region=de&segment=enterprise
55 Replies
eric-t
Level 7
Message 2 of 56

No SCM, HIPS 6.01 support

Anyone else disappointed that SCM 4.22 and HIPS 6.01 are not in the supported products list (https://knowledge.mcafee.com/SupportSite/dynamickc.do?sliceId=SAL_Public&command=show&forward=nonthr...)?
metalhead
Level 12
Message 3 of 56

RE: No SCM, HIPS 6.01 support

AFAIK Hips 6.0.x will be supported within the next 90 days.

Very disappointed...SCM 4.5 too!....how can i migrate totally to the new release with these limitation?
Frever
Level 7
Message 5 of 56

you'll just have to wait...
just like all the people that wanted to have Rogue System Detection in ePO4.0
latest I've heard is Q1 2008 for that

I certainly hope it's sooner then that

MadJim
Level 7
Message 7 of 56

This new v4 interface is going to take a bit of getting used to. happy
twenden Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 56

MadJim,

You are correct that the new interface will take sometime to get used too. Also, the way that you do queries is a whole lot different. We won't go to the new version until sometime next year. I usually prefer to wait for the first patch before moving to any new software versions. In my opinion, it is better to wait for the bugs to be fixed.

I do plan on install the released version on a test server in the next month or so. This will allow me to learn the product and get familiar with it.
MadJim
Level 7
Message 9 of 56

I'm certainly not moving to it yet, but I set my test server up this morning. I keep right-clicking things out of habit. 😉

I'm currently wondering why VSE850 is deploying to the test machines when I haven't set up a deployment task yet. Also, the reports seem to be blissfully unaware of machines that don't have an agent. It'll all become clear in time, no doubt.

Can anyone tell me the min requirements for EPO 4 to run. ???????

Nick
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community