Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brentil
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

ePO 4.0 -> 4.5 Insufficient Free Space issue

I'm trying to upgrade from ePO 4.0 to 4.5 and I'm running into the issue of having insufficient free space on the C drive which is where I have it installed right now. I've got about 1gb of space free and it says it needs 2.5gb free to do the work. There's no way I can free up that much space.

Is there some way I can move the 4.0 to another drive before I do the upgrade or maybe some other way I can go about doing this?
Labels (2)
2 Replies
brentil
Level 12
Message 2 of 3

RE: ePO 4.0 -> 4.5 Insufficient Free Space issue

I found this KB document on moving from one server to another, I guess I can use these steps to move from one drive on the server to another in essence.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51438&actp=search&searchid=1248810555865
brentil
Level 12
Message 3 of 3

RE: ePO 4.0 -> 4.5 Insufficient Free Space issue

This procedure worked for me but you have to also do one more step. In the documentation they expect you to go from the same drive letter on one machine to the exact same drive letter and directory path on the new machine.

You have to go into the following folder after you copy it over and replace in every file the old path with the new path. I was going from C: to D: so it was easy to replace all with a replace program.

Drive:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\conf\Catalina\localhost

Now to see if the 4.0 -> 4.5 will work correctly.