Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rict
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

ePO 4.0: dupe computernames?

I can't find any function that will let me search for dupe computernames, like there was in the 3.6.1 "Search" directory function.

I thought I had seen a query listed with the "find dupe" name in some screenshot I had seen SOMEWHERE, but there isn't such a query in the default queries in the program.

Anyone have such a query, or know how to construct one?

rict
8 Replies
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 2 of 9

RE: ePO 4.0: dupe computernames?

Have yet to find this... not sure it exists

but

you could rewrite this sample SQL query for duplicate guid with system name instead

https://knowledge.mcafee.com/SupportSite/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=614241&sliceI...
rict
Level 7
Message 3 of 9

tonyb99,

Thanks for the info, but...not being an SQL guy, I can't translate that into Query Builder statements. And since I'm not a DB admin, the database is on a remote server that I can't get access to directly, so I can't use OSQL or Query Analyzer either.

Seems very dumb that 3.6.1 would have this function built-in, but 4.0 wouldn't.

rict
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 4 of 9

Duhhhh

sorry my bad

its an epo report called

EPO: duplicate systems

lol cant believe I just wandered right past that
rict
Level 7
Message 5 of 9

tonyb99,

Where is that? I'm looking under the Reporting function, but I don't see it in any of the tabs.
I only have 3 ePO default queries: Compliance Summary, Distributed Repository Status, and Malware Detection History...

rict
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 6 of 9

log in as the admin user (or get your EPO administrator) you will see dozens (I'm almost @ 100) of non public reports, make it public and you will be able to see it under your user
rict
Level 7
Message 7 of 9

Oh, oh...I am logged in as the Admin user (Global Administrator)...only 3 default queries. Something is screwed up here.

Is there any way I can Import these other queries from some accessible website?

rict
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 8 of 9

oh dear

are you logged in as A global administrator or THE global administrator?
rict
Level 7
Message 9 of 9

Whew...got it.

I was logged in as A Global Admin, not THE Global Admin. Seems like one Global Admin should be the same as another...

Anyway, thanks, that makes me feel much better about my installation; I was beginning to question it's validity.

I can see that EPO: duplicate systems query now, along with many other great queries.

Thanks, tonyb99!