cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamuelM
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

ePO 4.0 Master Repository does not Update automatically.

Hi,

I'm managing about 4000 clients with McAfee  ePO 4.0 (VSE 8.7i patch2/Agent 4.5) and ever since on the 03 September 2010 I've been trying to pull the updates automatically via  http and ftp but it give me an error of "Update Master Repository failed to download catalog.z from site". So ever since I've been updating manually every morning of which is getting very fustrating to do this every morning.

Please help to sort out the problem.

Thanks.

10 Replies
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 11

Re: ePO 4.0 Master Repository does not Update automatically.

Can you run a pull task and then attach the epoapsrv.log file here, and we'll have a look?

Thanks -

Joe

SamuelM
Level 7
Message 3 of 11

Hi Joe,

Please find the below logs.

Failed to download file Current\BOCVSE__1000\DAT\0000\PkgCatalog.z from site
ftp.nai.com:21, error code 10060 ( A connection attempt failed because the connected party
did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because
connected host has failed to respond. )

McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 11

Can you attach the epoapsrv.log? That will give us more detail... although the error you've posted implies a network issue. Can you manually download catalog.z on the ePO server using command-line FTP? If you try and pull from the McAfee HTTP site instead of the FTP site, does that work?

Thanks -

Joe

SamuelM
Level 7
Message 5 of 11

Hi Joe,

Please find the below logs.

Failed to download file Current\BOCVSE__1000\DAT\0000\PkgCatalog.z from site

ftp.nai.com:21, error code 10060 ( A connection attempt failed because the connected party

did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because

connected host has failed to respond. )

SamuelM
Level 7
Message 6 of 11

Hi Joe,

Please find the attached EpoAPSvr.log file for analysis.

McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 11

Okay - there may be a couple of things here. Firstly, which patch version of ePO 4 are you using? If it's not Patch 7 then you need to apply that as soon as possible. This error in the epoaprsrv.log indicates an issue that's fixed in patch 7:

20100908102815    E    #5932    EPOJNI    Caught win32 exception in processing encrypt-encode string: Exception caught...Dumping info

Apply patch 7 and see if that fixes it.

Thanks -

Joe

SamuelM
Level 7
Message 8 of 11

Thanks Joe, will try to apply patch 7 and see if it solves the problem.

SamuelM
Level 7
Message 9 of 11

Hi Joe,

I managed to download patch 7 and installed it on the ePO 4.0 and it did work for about two days (updating automatically) untill this morning when I try to pull the package, it failed again. Please find the EpoApSvr logs for analysis.

Thanks

McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 11

It looks as though you may be having a problem with your proxy server: there's a number of errors related to it, for example

20100913080320    I    #5328    naInet    Failed connect to Proxy Server: 155.240.96.21 on port: 80

Examine your proxy's logs - it may be having difficulties. Alternatively, as a test, if you can allow the ePO server to bypass the proxy, do pulls run reliably?

HTH -

Joe

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.