cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePIP - trace flag - fragmentation - rename

Jump to solution

ePO_ePIP_pending_rename_options.PNGePO_ePIP_services.PNGePO_ePIP_traceflag.PNG

1) For this "Trace flag" question what do I need to do? Where to set up?

2) For this "Database index fragmentation" issue I just installed ePO and even then this fragmentantion problem. What tasks do you create for maintenance? If possible put print of the tasks you use to facilitate

3) For this issue of "Rename operations" how do you solve it? I just installed ePO and restart the server and even then this alert keeps appearing

4) For this issue of "ePO services" how to solve? I have already done what is requested but this alert is still appearing

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: ePIP - trace flag - fragmentation - rename

Jump to solution

You can ignore 1 & 2.  The trace flag is a known issue and fragmentation, whether true or not, won't fail any upgrade.  For the epo services, if you check the kb referenced, it advises to stop apache and eventparser and restart tomcat (application server service) before the upgrade.  It is not an absolute requirement, but it does help prevent a timeout for tomcat stopping. 

For file pending file rename operations, check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\FileRenameOperations to see if there is anything in there.  Otherwise look for any deleteme files or anything else that might be pending a reboot.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: ePIP - trace flag - fragmentation - rename

Jump to solution

You can ignore 1 & 2.  The trace flag is a known issue and fragmentation, whether true or not, won't fail any upgrade.  For the epo services, if you check the kb referenced, it advises to stop apache and eventparser and restart tomcat (application server service) before the upgrade.  It is not an absolute requirement, but it does help prevent a timeout for tomcat stopping. 

For file pending file rename operations, check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\FileRenameOperations to see if there is anything in there.  Otherwise look for any deleteme files or anything else that might be pending a reboot.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.