cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: dlp endpoint 11.4 installation or uninstallation problem

Jump to solution

single system troubleshoot shows

Agent communication session closed
scheduler2019-11-26 18:46:08InfoThe task Uninstall Evalution DLP 11.4.0.452 is successful
scheduler2019-11-26 18:46:08InfoScheduler: Task [Uninstall Evalution DLP 11.4.0.452] is finished
scheduler2019-11-26 18:46:08InfoThe task Uninstall Evalution DLP 11.4.0.452 is freed
ahclient2019-11-26 18:46:55InfoAgent communication session started
ahclient2019-11-26 18:46:55InfoAgent is connecting to ePO server
ahclient2019-11-26 18:46:55InfoAgent communication session closed
cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 17

Jump to solution

You need to look at the mcscript deploy log to see first if it downloaded the dlp install files and ran setup, or if it thinks it is already installed.  If it ran the setup, then you need to look at windows\temp\mcafeelogs for a dlp install log to see what it shows.  If you are on that system and go to the agent tray icon and about, does it show dlp there?

If you recently checked in that version of dlp, can you go to that deployment task and verify that the product version is not blank?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 17

Jump to solution

Let me ask something - is there an older version already installed and if so, what version is it?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

dlp logs is missing, it is only threat prevention, firewall and web control logs.

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 15 of 17

Jump to solution

Please run the install locally then to see what errors come up.  Did you look at the mcscript_deploy log?  That is located in c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs.  In that log, look for it downloading the dlp files and whether that fails or succeeds, and if it runs the setup for it or not.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

hi technical support contacted me and it is resolved by self protection disable in windows client configuration.

View solution in original post

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 17 of 17

Jump to solution

Glad to hear it is resolved!

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community