cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

dlp endpoint 11.4 installation or uninstallation problem

Jump to solution

Hello, i am trying to install dlp 11.4 on system, windows 10 version 1809 epo 5.9.1,  agent version 5.6.2.209 task log shows it is completed but not installed, there is not problem with agent server communication. i also tried to install previous version of dlp like 11.1 but same problem. same problem when try to uninstall. any ideas? thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: dlp endpoint 11.4 installation or uninstallation problem

Jump to solution

hi technical support contacted me and it is resolved by self protection disable in windows client configuration.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 17

Jump to solution

Hi Georgiancard,

Here is the wonderful article which will tell you what to look and which log file to check for deployment related issues.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/HOW-TO-TROUBLESHOOT-CLIENT-UPDATE-DEPLOYMENT-FA...

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Jump to solution
thanks for reply, but agent is running and everything works perfectly, also in task log it is showing that dlp is installed successfully but it is not installed really.
McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 17

Jump to solution

What is the Agent version are you running. Did you try client tas product deployment instead or Run now task. If it is Agent 5.5.1 and above, there is McScript_Deploy log  under <programdata>/mcAfee/Agent/logs which you have to check for the failure.

Jump to solution

hi, agent version is 5.6.2.209, yes i tried client task product deployment and also run now task

McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 17

Jump to solution

If you have difficulties to analyze the log, i would suggest you to log a support case and we will help you out to check the logs.

McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 17

Jump to solution

Hi @Georgiancard ,

Thank you for posting here. If you can confirm that installing/uninstalling DLP is not due to McAfee Agent (Other install/uninstall tasks work fine) and if you can perform the same locally (not sure of it is possible with DLP), then I would recommend you to kindly check with DLP Team on this here:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Data-Loss-Prevention-DLP/bd-p/data-loss-prevention

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 17

Jump to solution

Not installed as in failed, or does it show successful even though product isn't installed?  

If it shows either, then the first thing to look at is the mcscript, or mcscript deploy log (depending on agent version) to see if it was able to download the files properly and execute the setup for it.  If so, then you would go to windows\temp\mcafeelogs to check the dlp install logs for any error messages.  

Another test is to run the install locally to see what kind of errors it gives you.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

as i mentioned it shows successful task completed even though product isn't installed. Same problem with uninstall

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 17

Jump to solution

Did you look at the logs we mentioned?  Are there any install logs in the windows\temp\mcafeelogs directory for dlp?  

Also, if you run the install locally instead of via epo, does it show any errors or does it install ok?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community