Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hon
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

deployment port

Could anyone know that what is the port that epo use for agent deployment. what is an important port that i should know.

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: deployment port

Please refer to these two McAfee support articles:

KB66797 - Ports needed by ePO 4.x and ePO 5.0 for communication through a firewall

KB56386 - Environmental requirements for agent deployment from the ePO 4.x server

The  initial agent deployment is an SMB push through TCP445.

All subsequent deployment tasks are agents pulling the packages from the server via the agent to server communication port using the SPIPE protocol. This is normally 443 for agents greater than version 4.5.

Regards

Rich

hon
Level 9
Message 4 of 6

ok i now understand but i have a new question. In epo 5.0 there is an url deployment. If i use this feature that mean i will use port 80 not 445 to push agent, am i right?

You got it,

If you are creating a smart installer for MA4.8 and then creating a deployment URL the client nodes will be doing a HTTP download via port TCP80.

Rich.

hon
Level 9
Message 6 of 6

thank a lot

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community