cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

config ePO 5.10.0, can not install the client

I am installed the client with agent 5.5.1 from the ePO Server 5.10.0, but dont download the VSE in this client
2 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: config ePO 5.10.0, can not install the client

Do you have a deployment task set up to push out VSE?

There are several ways a deployment task can fail.  One is on the agent/repository side and the other is an issue with the point product installing on that system.  When the agent runs a deployment task, as you know, it would need to download the files from the repository.  So, you would need to check agent logs for that status.

The masvc log will show whether it even got and invoked the task or not.

The mcscript log will show it getting the files from the repository.  If it fails there, that needs to be investigated.  If it succeeds and passes setup to msiexec, then you would need to look at the install logs for VSE. 

agent logs - c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs

install logs - c:\windows\temp\mcafeelogs

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: config ePO 5.10.0, can not install the client

You also want to make sure that the patch level of VSE that you are trying to push out is supported on the OS that you are deploying to.  See KB51111.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community