cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

clients updates from net and not epo server

how to make the clients 8.7.0 i get their updates from epo server 4.5 and not from the internet? and how to block their access to modify anything in the Mtray.

Could you please explain in details?

Thank you

3 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: clients updates from net and not epo server

If you have existing client then please uninstall the agent and install agent from the ePO server so the machines will be managed then will look for update from the ePO server rather than Internet.

If the machine is already managed then I will suggest you to look into Agent log why it's not able to pull the updates from ePO.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Dear Hem,

It's a fresh installation of the agent. is there any place in EPO where i can specify the first server where the client can check to get the update to be (EPO server) and if it's not available, the client can get the update from the net?

Regards,

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Yes, you can specify the in the agent policy (under repository tab=>please specify the repository name) from which you would like to pull the updates.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center