cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client task is not associated with any message in the log (journal).

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am deploying a agent on a computer by using  run client task deployment and here is the message error that I have: "This task is not associed with any message in the log journal" I tried scheduling the deployment task just to be sure but the same message appear. Same message error when i do deployment Task.

Thank you for helping me to solve this problem

Best Regards

4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 24

Re: client task is not associated with any message in the log (journal).

Jump to solution

Hi BKS_Nesrine,

Are you getting this error under Server task log. What is the ePO version. Did you try to restart all the three ePO services.

But i do have question on this part "I am deploying a agent on a computer by using  run client task deployment"

Is it a fresh Agent deployment from EPO or are you trying to upgrade Agent using run client task. 

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 24

Jump to solution

Hi @BKS_Nesrine,

Very good to see you active here! Thank you for posting the issue. Kindly use the Deploy Agent under Actions option and let us know if this helps. Looks like the machine does not have any Agent present on it at all!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 24

Jump to solution

If it is a fresh installation, then you have to select "Push Agent" from system not to use client task deployment nor run now task. As it is only for system with Agent already installed.

Select the system from system tree-->actions-->agents-->push agents-->enter the credential and ok

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 24

Jump to solution

Hi @BKS_Nesrine,

This can arise if the endpoint does not have Agent installed at all! Any task can be run on a machine only if an Agent is present on it. To deploy Agent please follow @LKS's previous post and kindly use the method for the same.

I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

23 Replies
McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 24

Jump to solution

Hi BKS_Nesrine,

Are you getting this error under Server task log. What is the ePO version. Did you try to restart all the three ePO services.

But i do have question on this part "I am deploying a agent on a computer by using  run client task deployment"

Is it a fresh Agent deployment from EPO or are you trying to upgrade Agent using run client task. 

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution
HI,
Thank you for your response,
Yes I'm getting this error undre Server Task log , the version of epo is 5.10 and agent 5.6.2 .
NO I didn't try to restart services but i wil do it now.
No it's fresh agent deployment from epo

Thanks
McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 24

Jump to solution

If it is a fresh installation, then you have to select "Push Agent" from system not to use client task deployment nor run now task. As it is only for system with Agent already installed.

Select the system from system tree-->actions-->agents-->push agents-->enter the credential and ok

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution
Hi,
I restart the mcafee services but the error message still the same "This task is not associed with any message in the log journal" so i can't do any client Task.
Even I run the agent Task it will not be execute.
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 24

Jump to solution

Hi @BKS_Nesrine,

This can arise if the endpoint does not have Agent installed at all! Any task can be run on a machine only if an Agent is present on it. To deploy Agent please follow @LKS's previous post and kindly use the method for the same.

I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 24

Jump to solution

Hi @BKS_Nesrine,

Very good to see you active here! Thank you for posting the issue. Kindly use the Deploy Agent under Actions option and let us know if this helps. Looks like the machine does not have any Agent present on it at all!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

Jump to solution
HI,
I did the action to deploy agent but the Task still not running and show the message ' This task does not have any log messages.' , what can i do about it ? any action or task i run it's not working . so how can I reslove the issue knowing that at begining of the week it's work proproly.
how can i verify if the agent is present on endpoint knowing that it was working already ?
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 24

Jump to solution

Hi @BKS_Nesrine,

Thank you for your kind response. I am afraid we need to look into log files to understand the root cause. Debug logs would be very helpful, however, at the moment, Can you look into Orion.log and let us know if you find any relevant errors? Any exceptions thrown there?

The log file would be at c:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\Logs\ by default.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

Jump to solution

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community