Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RISO
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

can't update Master Repository

The first time update after installation went well.
When I want to start it, it fails with the following explanation:

12/21/07 8:23:15 AM Started: Pulling content from McAfeeHttp to Current branch
12/21/07 8:23:15 AM Command aborted, another pull command is already waiting for other tasks to complete
12/21/07 8:23:15 AM Failed: Update Master Repository (Repository Pull successful from McAfeeHttp to Current branch)

But I can't find the running task.

Can anybody help me with that, because the last update is from december 14th.
4 Replies

RE: can't update Master Repository

I am having the same problem (original update worked, but new updates fail).

This is the error i get.

Failed to download file catalog.z from site update.nai.com:80, error code 10060 ( A connection
attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or
established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. )

Re: RE: can't update Master Repository

Hi, I got the same problem with the same message:

Failed to download file catalog.z from site update.nai.com:80, error code 10060 ( A connection

attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or

established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. )

Where could the problem be? I'm new at the EPO 4.5 application. Can somebody tell me which configuratons I have to check to provide a successfull update from McAfeeHttp?

Thanks for any help!

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

If have FTP allowed in your network then I will suggest you to pull with FTP site.

From the snap of the log file, it seems that the connection is getting blocked by firewall/proxy.

I will suggest you to release McAfee source websites (update.nai.com and ftp.nai.com) from firewall/proxy.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

this seems to be a network related problem.

You should try to set proxy settings, and it should works.

Also recreate the task and exclude some of the packages which are not usefull

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center