cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't remove mcafee agent on client.

Hi all,

i'm remove agent in system tree and sync agent with server, on client not removed.

i try stop service "McAfeeFramework" and remove agent in Program and Features, can't remove it.

Please give the way to me to remove agent.

Thank you all.

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: can't remove mcafee agent on client.

You probably will not be able to remove the agent unless you also remove the McAfee point-products first.

Any point -product that updates content from Mcafee autoupdate sites will likely need the agent to make that happen, therefore it is required and included with many point products (like VirusScan) by default, and that is normal.

ays
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 6

In 'system tree'
check the user that you want to uninstall,  in the buttom click 'actions'  then ' agent'  and 'run client task now '  . After select 'Mcafee agent'  and 'Product deployment'  and then what you want to remove.

Did you try this method?

Hi all,

Now i can uninstall McAfee agent because i'm mistake something with ePO.

i'm start service "McAfee Framework Service" again and "run client agent task now". it's can uninstall.

hi abojama,

Have a look at Technical Articles ID: KB65863

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=home

==

Run the frminst.exe /forceuninstall command:

Click Start, Run, and type one of the following commands:

"c:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall

"c:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall

NOTE: The path will vary depending on the version and whether you installed McAfee Agent as an upgrade or clean install. Use Windows Explorer to determine the correct path.

==

good day all

Thank you mbauman8

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community