cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't install epo - setup was unable to get a list of sql servers in your environment

Jump to solution

When trying to install EPO I get the following message: "setup was unable to get a list of sql servers in your environment". I checked the SQL configuration TCP/IP enabled, named pipes enabled. Also disabled firewall. I won't allow me to install EPO. Anybody got idea why it is doing this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: can't install epo - setup was unable to get a list of sql servers in your environment

Jump to solution

Got it working!! Clicked on no and specified SQL server details with database server as hostname and SQL authentication.

3 Replies

Re: can't install epo - setup was unable to get a list of sql servers in your environment

Jump to solution

Quick questions for you:

1) Did you try pinging the SQL server ?

2) You can specify the IP address\Schema name in the installation window when it ask for database name. (if doesn't happen share the error please)

3) Check the hosts file on the server

Jump to solution

The SQL server is on the same machine

Jump to solution

Got it working!! Clicked on no and specified SQL server details with database server as hostname and SQL authentication.