cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't find distributed repository servers listed in the system tree

Jump to solution
Out of all the distributed repositories listed, when I go to the system tree, I'm only able to locate like 3 of them. I need help in finding them or knowing why they don't show up in the system tree.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 8 of 10

Re: can't find distributed repository servers listed in the system tree

Jump to solution

http repositories don't replicate via the agent, only superagents do.  UNC, FTP and HTTP repositories are basically just copying files to a shared folder, which has nothing to do with an agent.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

9 Replies
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Question: can you see ALL the locations, as well as the missing ones in MA policy and the ePO distributed repo. page/list?

MA_repo-policy.JPGrepo-list.JPG

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Yes they all show up in both locations.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Are these superagent repositories?  If you look in the audit log, have any of the missing systems been deleted?  Sometimes the sitelist doesn't get updated until a restart of epo services when a superagent repo system is removed from epo.  

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

The only ones that I can see in the system tree are super agents. The majority of them simply have HTTP next to them and appear as shares in the distributed repositories list. None have been deleted.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

So which ones exactly are you not able to find in the system tree?  If you go into the configuration for that repository, it should show the server that is hosting the http site or share.  If you can't find that server name in epo system tree, then perhaps it doesn't have an agent to talk to epo or the agent is failing or broken.  You might want to try adding the system to the system tree and deploy agent.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

I can't locate any of them in the system tree that have HTTP as the type. Only the Super Agent type can be located and that's just for 2 of them.

When I look at the configuration it's showing the server//share name. It must be that they don't have an agent. The only thing confusing about them not having an agent is when I  run the Sync Repository task, it completes for these sites. How is that possible if there is no agent?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

http repositories don't replicate via the agent, only superagents do.  UNC, FTP and HTTP repositories are basically just copying files to a shared folder, which has nothing to do with an agent.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Thank you. Still learning all of this but that all makes sense now. Appreciate you.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Glad to help!

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community