I have just updated our ePO server from 4.0 to 4.5 version. Everything is working fine except agent deployment.
I noticed this when I created an automatic response task to deploy the agent when a rogue client is detected. This task was working fine on the old ePO server.
But this week after the upgrade to ePO 4.5, it's not working.
In the ePO console I have only error "failed".
In the server.log file on the ePO server I have this msg:
"20091105200316 E #5620 NAIMSRV Failed to open http request
200911052003 16 E #5620 NAIMSRV Push Agent Installation Program to pcname failed, will not retry"
We are using epo agent 4.0 and have checked in now agent 4.5, but I still have the same issue.
Even I push the agent from the ePO server to a managed system running with the old agent 4.0, I get the same error.
I have conatacted the McAfee support but they couldn't help me.
Can some one help me to solve this issue.
Thanks in advance
The push agent installation has 2 requirements to successfully push to a system:
1. The ePO server needs to be able to write the FramePkg.exe to the admin$ share on the target machine.
2. The ePO server needs to be able to create and "ePO Agent Install" service on the target machine to kick off the FramePkg.exe.
To create the service you must have remote registry enabled on the client machine. We will try to write to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services to create the service, then it will be deleted when the agent install is kicked off.
If the credentials you have provided for the agent push do not have privlidges to write either of these the push will fail.
You can also set HKML\Software\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\LogLevel to 8 to get debug logging in the server.log to get more information as to what is going on.
"I have conatacted the McAfee support but they couldn't help me."
I have had the same experience - just a big waste of time, and somewhat of a language barrier as well.
I FINALLY got through to Tier 2 and that was effective, but getting there took forever. All Tier 1 wants to do is open and close cases.
Hi again and thanks for your reply's.
The epo account I use is a Domain admin account and have full access to everything.
I have contacted the MC support again (first line) and now I'm running the MER report and will send it to the support.
I was wondering if you remember what was the solution from the second level support???
There are some current issues with Automatic responce's in 4.5 RTW that will be addressed in Patch 1.
To determine if you are affected by this issue, you can look for the following:
* A "Response" task log entry that is stuck in an "In Progress"
* A "Response" task log entry that, on its Details page, does not have any Subtasks listed on the subtasks tab. *all* Response invocations should have at least 1 subtask appearing in the task log.
So with out more information to the details of the issue, Make sure you haven't recently renamed your server either, as that wouldn't be a RSD issue, but a SSL issue.
Can you push agents through the ePO console successfully?
I don't think it's linked to automatic response task because, I can't push the agent from the ePO console at all.
After a lot of testing I found out the following:
1. I can't push the agent 4.5 to rogue systems.
2. If I try to push the agent 4.5 to a systems running with agent 4.0, I get the same error.
3. If I try to push the agent to the ePO server it selv, I get the same error.
4. I can only install the agent to a system that is managed by ePO, through changing the client task on that system.
I have sent the MER report to McAfee support and waitting for an answer.
Could be something wrong with the Security Keys???