cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abqureshi
Level 7

automated email notification on agent check-in

Hi,

I maintain the ePO deployment for our campus & I'd like to setup an automatic response based on every agent check-in for a specific set of nodes.  I'd like to know when specific nodes check-in because they haven't gotten the latest patches & agent updates since they're not on the network long enough for the scheduled task to kick off the installations.  Is there an event ID that's triggered whenever an agent checks-in to ePO?  Then maybe I can setup an auto response email whenever it happens.  Or is there a better way to do this, if any?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
johnmoe
Level 11

Re: automated email notification on agent check-in

What about creating a client task assignment that's scheduled to "Run Immediately"?  It's my understanding that this task would run on the next check-in, if required.

0 Kudos
abqureshi
Level 7

Doesn't look like it's going to work.  You can only assign something that's in the client task catalog & the catalog will only allow you to create a task based on products that have been checked-in to the repositories.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
johnmoe
Level 11

You mentioned you have a "scheduled task"; what does that run, if the product isn't in the repository?  If the product is not checked in to the master repository, then ePO can't distribute it.

0 Kudos
abqureshi
Level 7

The scheduled tasks are for upgrading the ePO agent & installing or patching VSE 8.8.  You're right, if a product isn't in a repository, then it can't be distributed.

I can run a report for any specific node that's checked-in within the last hour, setup a server task & email the report.  But I don't need the report itself, just the notification that a specific node has checked-in.  Also, I can only run the task no less than every hour which is too late for me to hit some nodes who have already gone offline.

Do you know if an event is triggered when an agent checks-in & what that ID could be?  If there is one, then I can setup an auto response email whenever that event is triggered.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
johnmoe
Level 11

Sorry, I thought you were trying to get the updates to the systems.  If you're just asking about the event, then all I can add is that my computer only shows content update client events, no check-in events.

0 Kudos
abqureshi
Level 7

No worries.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
tao
Level 13

Not sure if this would help  - create query on the DAT file: Last Communication w/n 1hr and DAT Version is not within X versions of repository. Create a server task, assign the DAT query w/sub-actions update agent and under Schedule - cron syntax: 0 0/015 * * * ? <> runs the server task every 15 minutes....you could add an E-Mail notifier

0 Kudos