Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stickman
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

assign server task to container

Hi guys,

Anybody got idea if it is possible to assign server task to container? I don't want to run a server task on whole organization.

9 Replies

Re: assign server task to container

Que tipo de tarea deseas crear?

GOOGLE TRANSLATE

What kind of job you want to create?

stickman
Level 12
Message 3 of 10

I want to move systems to container, but don't want to run this task against whole organization only to one container so same systems don't get moved over and over again.

Tristan
Level 15
Message 4 of 10

I'm assuming your task that you don't want to apply is assigned to the top 'My Organization'

Simply create a new container. Under the 'Assigned Client Task' tab click 'Edit Assignment' against the task you don't want. Break the inheritance and assign the new task you require.

Or...

If you use tags in ePO you could set your global task to be only applied to clients that match a certain tag criteria i.e. Workstation only

stickman
Level 12
Message 5 of 10

its not a client task, its a server task... see doc attached what i have done

Message was edited by: minion on 6/23/14 5:37:48 AM CDT
Tristan
Level 15
Message 6 of 10

Step 3 confuses me. As i understand it (i might be getting the wrong end of the stick) i would make the pre-boot option equal false. As you only want to move machines that have the EEGO tag and are NOT preboot enabled.

All i can think of to make things clearer is..

1. Add an extra step to add a new tag to all machines that have Automatic booting enabled

2. In step 4 make sure your query has 'include machines with EEGO tag' and 'exclude machines with preboot tag'.

stickman
Level 12
Message 7 of 10

Step 3 basically moves machines to encryption container that passed the EEGO compliance test, with system name according to our system naming convention and that got the automatic boot enabled (preboot disabled) as I don't want to move machines that already got pre-boot enabled to container where the pre-boot policy is not going to apply anymore. Hope that makes sense?

The extra step you are talking about, where must I add this exactely?

Tristan
Level 15
Message 8 of 10

After step 2 would work. It's only applying a tag.

stickman
Level 12
Message 9 of 10

Yes it is going to work, but it is going to apply to the whole organization and not only a certain container.

Tristan
Level 15
Message 10 of 10

Still don't understand your issue.

With the tags it's only going to apply to those machines that need it, NOT the whole organization. The query using tags is only done on the ePO server as the tags are stored within the ePO DB.

If your tagging only the machines you want to run the task on it doesn't matter what container they're in.

Message was edited by: Tristan on 24/06/14 10:11:52 IST
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator