cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcdave
Level 10

agent deployment fails since upgrading eposerver to 5.3.2

Jump to solution

Last week we've upgrades our eposerver from 5.3.1 to 5.3.2 (inclusive the Hotixes EPO5xHF1159423, EPO5xHF1151890, EPOHF1144868)

Since then every deployment of the agents (V5.0.2 & V5.0.4) (windows & Mac) fails.
The log messages in the server tasks logs also became extremely limited since then nothing usefull onle 1 single line "Starting deployment to computer <computername> through the Agent Handler <AHname>" and in some case completely nothing at all.

We need URGENT help on this.

regards,

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mcdave
Level 10

Re: agent deployment fails since upgrading eposerver to 5.3.2

Jump to solution

Contacted support:

The issue was related to (corrupted SSL certificate during upgrade of epo server)
Steps 8 ..15 from KB66616 did resolve the issue (generating new certificate).
McAfee KnowledgeBase - ePolicy Orchestrator server backup and disaster recovery procedure

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Artfulbodger
Level 13

Jump to solution

Hi

Are you using Agent Handlers or only your ePO server.  If you are using Agent Handlers you also need to upgrade them to 5.3.2.

Regards

Rich

Business Volunteer Moderator

0 Kudos
mcdave
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi Richard,

We do indeed use Agent Handlers (which are used according the mentioned 1 log event above)
I immidiatly upgraded all our Agent Handlers after I upgraded the eposerver.
Even if I enforce to use the eposerver as the source to push the agent from it fails (Then I even get no log events at all )

I also tried removing & reimporting the agents in our master repository.

0 Kudos
mcdave
Level 10

Jump to solution

Contacted support:

The issue was related to (corrupted SSL certificate during upgrade of epo server)
Steps 8 ..15 from KB66616 did resolve the issue (generating new certificate).
McAfee KnowledgeBase - ePolicy Orchestrator server backup and disaster recovery procedure

0 Kudos