Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roman
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

adding computers with IP address creates duplicate entry

Jump to solution

Sorry, I am new to this and don't necessarily know the best way to add systems. I have some systems in a different domain than the ePolicy orchestrator server and they are also not in the DNS server, thus I must add them to the ePO server using IP address (unless there's a better way). Once the agent gets installed, a new entry shows up using the name of the computer and the old entry with the IP address as the name remains and still says unmanaged. Can someone tell me the best way to do this? And, since it's there, should I just try to delete the original IP address named entry or might that mess something up?

ePO 4.6.1 agent 4.6.0

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: adding computers with IP address creates duplicate entry

Jump to solution

If it's possible - I suppose it depends how many machines we're talking about - then if you can manually install the agent package from the server on these machines, they'll simply appear in ePO with the correct name. (You don't necessarily have to push the agent install from the ePO server.)

Have a look in the MA 46 Product Guide, specifically the "Installing on Windows" section - this describes what you need to do.

With regard to the existing entries with IP details, listed as Unmanaged - these can be safely deleted.

HTH -

Joe

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

If it's possible - I suppose it depends how many machines we're talking about - then if you can manually install the agent package from the server on these machines, they'll simply appear in ePO with the correct name. (You don't necessarily have to push the agent install from the ePO server.)

Have a look in the MA 46 Product Guide, specifically the "Installing on Windows" section - this describes what you need to do.

With regard to the existing entries with IP details, listed as Unmanaged - these can be safely deleted.

HTH -

Joe

Roman
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Great. Thanks. I had not actually seen that product guide before.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

No problem

Regards -

Joe