cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your favorite Automatic Response email tips

Apologies if this is the wrong forum or off-topic, but I couldn't find anything on this just searching. I wanted to share some of my favorite "tricks" to insert into emails for automatic responses, and hope others would like to join in as well.

I'm in the middle of updating our alert email automatic responses to include more relevant information and shortcuts that allow our support personnel to engage with the alert quicker.

• We've had a few cases where they can't identify an attacking system easily, so I insert https://api.macvendors.com/{listOfAnalyzerMAC} into the email, which allows them to look up the OUI (Manufacturer) of the network card. This has paid off for alerts on Rogue System Detection, and NIPS alerts through Exploit Prevention, allowing our personnel to easily zero in on the system
  • Some of our support personnel don't log into ePO very often, so they're not familiar with searching for a system. To lower the bar, we include the URL https://Your-ePOServer:8443/core/orionNavigationLogin.do#/console/submitQuickFind.do?search={listOfTargetHostName}&quickFindID=computer.quickFind - this takes them right to the search results for the system named in the malware alert, and then they can quickly run a scan, look at the threat event history, etc

Anyone else have any automatic response tips they'd like to share?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community