cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have provided invalid credentials when we're trying to access ePO

We've an issue in accessing Mcafee ePO using admin account on LDAP server, while we can access using local account. when we try to access the below error appeared : You have provided invalid credentials we need your support as soon as it's impacting our operation. Note: we use ePO version 5.1.2 Build 348 Thanks to refer to Service Requests 4-19550468611 " we have the same issue " and we can't find Orion.log file to enable it for debugging as per McAfee recommendation before. BR, Mohamed
2 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: You have provided invalid credentials when we're trying to access ePO

I see that support SR is closed.

Location of orion log: C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\Logs

How to enable debug logging and log size for Orion.log in ePolicy Orchestrator
Technical Articles ID:   KB52369

The possible causes behind the error message would be:

You have provided invalid credentials (unable to log on to the ePolicy Orchestrator 5.x console)
Technical Articles ID:   KB51640

Unable to log on to the ePolicy Orchestrator console (issue: insufficient disk space)
Technical Articles ID:   KB53461
Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: You have provided invalid credentials when we're trying to access ePO

Can you clarify what you mean by " using admin account on LDAP server, while we can access using local account"?  Is the console login failing or connection to the database?  If you go to https://servername:8443/core/config, do the credentials validate?  What does the ldap server have to do with it, or do you mean sql server?  Please clarify.

When did the issue start and what changed?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator