cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xerox Extension for McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator

Jump to solution
I'm trying to install a Xerox extension by following the guide here (https://www.support.xerox.com/support/altalink-c8000-series/file-download/enus.html?operatingSystem=...). The Xerox extension requires that SolidCore be installed and provides Solidcore_epo_extn_6.1.7.107, but It seems that this is out of date, and there doesn't seem to be a newer version available in the ePO software manager. I see the ePO Management Extensions (6.1.4 & 6.1.7 in the software manager) are incompatible. Is there a later version of SolidCore? or something that has replaced it? This has been thrown at me and I don't really feel like I know what I'm doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Build: ePolicy Orchestrator 5.9.1 (Build 251) Server: Windows Server 2016 (x64)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 8

Re: Xerox Extension for McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator

Jump to solution

Do you have an entitlement for solidcore?  Is it included in your purchased products?  If so, do you have more than one grant number?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

7 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Yes, there are later versions of solidcore.  Look for McAfee application control - there are versions 7 and 8 available that are compatible with epo 5.9.1.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution
Thanks for the quick reply.

I see that older versions of Applicaiton Control (6.x) have the ePO Management Extension that could be checked in server side (if they were compatible). It seems Application Control versions 7 and 8 don't have the option to check in any server side utilities. Is the functionality already built into the ePO server? Or is there an Application Control server side extension I need to install manually?
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

What are you seeing in your software manager?

2018-10-02 11_15_50-10.57.6.92 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Here's what I'm seeing:

ePO software amanagement_MAC.PNG

I refreshed the Software Manager and it says that it was updated today (10/2/18 10:18)

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Do you have an entitlement for solidcore?  Is it included in your purchased products?  If so, do you have more than one grant number?

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution
It looks like I have some more research to do on my end. Thank you for your help.
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Ok, if you happen to have more than one grant number, log into the mcafee download page with each one and see if soldicore is there or not.  If you private message me your grant number, I can look up whether you have entitlement or not.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator