cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Wrong EPO IP showing in Agent Handler Siteinfo settings

Jump to solution

I had 2 Ethernet NIC cards in my EPO, which somehow got changed. So I correctly edited the server info configuration file in my EPO server. Now in all agents installed the correct IP of the EPO Server is showing. I also have an internet facing agent handler. When i am connected to the internet my system is checking from the agent handler repository but not able to upload events to EPO server. I checked the site info config file in agent handler and it is showing the old IP of the EPO server and the new IP is not showing. That's why agent handler is not able to communicate with EPO and upload the agent events when system is in internet,

I manually added a line in the Siteinfo config file, ServerIPAddress=10.0.0.x and then restarted the EPO service on the agent handler. Can you please help how to modify the correct ip of epo in agent handler?

Also within agent handlers in EPO console, I have specified the correct IP of EPO within Published IP address. Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Re: Wrong EPO IP showing in Agent Handler Siteinfo settings

Jump to solution

Refer to KB56308 - you will need to add an entry to the server.ini file to bind it to a specific IP.  Otherwise epo picks up the first nic IP that the OS binds to.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Run the Agent Handler setup file on Remote Agent Handler and select Modify option, enter the correct IP address of EPO server. 

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Is it Siteinfo or server.ini on AH machine?

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Refer to KB56308 - you will need to add an entry to the server.ini file to bind it to a specific IP.  Otherwise epo picks up the first nic IP that the OS binds to.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution
Making a change in the siteinfo file and publishing the ip adress of agent handler in epo console has helped agents to find the correct epo ip. But in agent handler logs within sitelist config file i see last epo known ip as the old ip and the newly published ip is still not reflecting. Also in server information within server settings of epo console, it is still showing the older ip of epo. How to make changes in these places as well?
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

As the KB states, you need to add ServerIPAddress= with correct IP to the server.ini file on the agent handler.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community