cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workstations show up, but no information.

Jump to solution

Hello

I am implementing ePO 5.9 on my network now. I have used the URL link to connect the systems to the ePO 5.9. We had an earlier system, but it has died, and I am connecting the previous systems to the new ePO. When I look in the System Tree, the workstations are there, but when I go into the individual workstations, there is no information for them. I have have sent agent wakeup calls to each, but no avail. What do I need to do?

Stephen Keating

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Workstations show up, but no information.

Jump to solution

I have found a solution, but it may be the long way there. I deploy an agent to the system, then do a Wake the agent using the Superagent wake up call. It has worked for most systems. i still have a few that are being a pain.

12 Replies
McAfee Employee jhall2
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

In the system tree if the system shows as "Unmanaged" in the "Managed State" column, this means the system has been added to the ePO database but has not communicated to ePO. There are several ways this can occur but the most frequent is an AD Sync was performed and the systems were populated automatically.

You also may have duplicate systems in which the systems that have communicated are have created a new entry and likely exist in Lost and Found leaving the unmanaged system entry in another location in My Org.

Jump to solution

All show Managed in the column. Some show information in the other columns (Tag, IP address, etc) but the rest show nothing in those columns. How do I get them to populate the information?

McAfee Employee jhall2
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

Because the transfer, the systems could have only sent a partial properties package to ePO. Perform an Agent Wakeup Call for a few systems and ensure the option "Retrieve all properties even if they haven't changed since the last time they were collected. If unchecked only retrieve changed properties."

This should force a complete policy package to be sent to ePO and populate all of the missing fields. If this works, do this for the rest of the systems but try and limit the total number that is performed at any one time to 50 per agent handler per 5 minutes.

Jump to solution

No joy. Tried what you said on several systems, all Failed in less than a minute to a minute.

McAfee Employee jhall2
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

It sounds like there may be some type of communication problem. Because the number of possible causes I will refrain from guessing any further and would recommend engaging support for assistance.

Jump to solution

I have found a solution, but it may be the long way there. I deploy an agent to the system, then do a Wake the agent using the Superagent wake up call. It has worked for most systems. i still have a few that are being a pain.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I had something similar, back in the day.

Are you, perchance, running any firewalls or other software which may be stepping on your ePO ports?

Probably more of an idea to rule in rather than out.

Jump to solution

I did have a couple with the firewall on, but once that was turned off, the loading went fine. Right now my main problems are Windows 10 systems which will not accept the URL link to do the agent deployment, and one Win 7 system which will probably need to have the agent removed and reinstalled.

Jump to solution

Okay then - and good luck /c the Win 10 boxen.

We don't deal with Win10 (yet).

There's a McAfee KB about manually ripping out the Agent from a Win 7 box, if a semi-regular uninstall/reinstall routine does not work for you.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center