Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
meforum
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Workaround for KB87371: Unable to save a process or file path in the On-Access Scan policy

Hi,

just came across that problem and after searching what the problem may is, I found that KB entry. (We had done a fresh 5.3.2 install and migrate/transfer agents from the old ePO – so I first though maybe it was my fault)

As I had to add some changes quickly and cannot wait for the hotfix, I did the following workaround:

• Export Policies (VSE e.g.).
  • Open that saved xml file and look for the right section –e .g. (or just look for some known process entry)

<Section name="Server_Trusted-Application">

<Setting name="dwApplicationCount" value="2"/>

<Setting name="szApplicationItem_0" value="some.exe"/>

<Setting name="szApplicationItem_1" value="other.exe"/>

</Section>

Add a new

<Setting name="szApplicationItem_X" value="Y"/>

Replace X with the next number, depending on how much entries do you have. Replace Y with process name.

Don’t forget to increase value of dwApplicationCount to number of entries (see example above. Entries are starting from 0, 1, … but total number is 2)

• Save file
  • Import polices (only select that policy you have modified)
2 Replies
Reliable Contributor Daniel_S
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Workaround for KB87371: Unable to save a process or file path in the On-Access Scan policy

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

Best regards
Dan
PhilR
Level 12
Message 3 of 3

Re: Workaround for KB87371: Unable to save a process or file path in the On-Access Scan policy

EPO532HF1144868 has now been released to address the problem.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community