Did you mean: 
vvadim
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Won't install ENS and other products trhu ePO

Jump to solution

Hi.

After deploing of the new Windows 10 1809 x64 Ent, we've got the next issue: won't install in ePO thu "Run Client Task Now" any of existet products.

Installation task contain the next components:

Agent 5.5.1.342 DLP Endpoint  11.0.400.152  (yes, I know, that it wasn't supported in W10 1809)

Endpoint Security Adaptive Threat Protection  10.6.0.656 

Endpoint Security Threat Prevention  10.6.0.672 

Endpoint Security Platform  10.6.0.542 

Product Improvement Program  2.1.0.700 

What I doing: Agent installing manually using SmartInstaller. When target PC appears in ePO, I'm running Client Task from ePO with a set of necessary programs.

Server task log reports, that deployment was successful, Agent monitor displayed, that he received the necessary software package, and installing them without errors.

But when deployment ends, there are no any sign of installed software! When i try to install from ePO just some one component, the same situation repeats.

In W10 1803 everything OK. Sorry for my English, it not good 😞

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Re: Won't install ENS and other products trhu ePO

Jump to solution

Hi wadim,

The version involved in this matter are all compatible with each other, and so supported. No concerns here.

ref:
Windows 10 compatibility with McAfee products
Technical Articles ID:   KB85784

For reasons beyond my control, I can't collect the logs, I'm denied access. Robot Mad sorry!

If as you say you can see the process run and then complete, with no errors (on screen or pop up) the logs will be needed I'm afraid.

Unless someone else can collect them, I can only suggest you call support to have the support team look into this and advise as needed.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

As Hawkmoon suggested, please call into support and open a ticket.  We do not advise posting logs here on a public forum because they can contain sensitive company information that should not be made public, such as system names, ip addresses, etc.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
vvadim
Level 9
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Problem was resolved with using McAfee Agent 5.5.1.388 

7 Replies
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi vvadim,

I suspect the fix for this will be in the resolution of why you cannot deploy Mcafee Agent to the target system. 

Whatever is involved in that activity failing will be having an effect on the follow up deployments operations you are trying to run.(The same access/ports are needed)

Question: What happens/what is reported when you deploy the MA to a remote device?

KB66797 is an important articel to review as it will confirm (and is considered by support to be law) the ports you need to allow ePO, rAH and MA installs to communicate correctly.

If you try to telnet and/or ping the ports listed in that articel to and from a client and ePO server and you get eitehr no responce or some error reply that will need to be addressed. 

Then once you can deploy an agent to a device test a product depliyment to the same system.

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

In addition to what Hawkmoon said, you have to look at logs also to figure out where things are going wrong.

c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs have all the agent logs.

c:\windows\temp\mcafeelogs contains the install logs for the product.

The masvc log will show the task invoking and basic status

mcscript log will show it getting files from repositories and executing the setup.  That is the agent's function. 

Once it hands off the setup to msiexec, then you go to the install log for the product.  They will show success or failure. 

Was my reply helpful?

vvadim
Level 9
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Sorry, I can't attach logs to this post, but you can download them by this links:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TH-ABLoA7xgOAEQg5CCq7v7rtXDRAqRM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RdHJGwTMpkM0KX7j8cymmvoDHzyNz0s_

I was check the masvc and mcscript files and didn't found nothing strange between 16:02 and 16:12, when I try to deploy software remotely.

Tags (3)
vvadim
Level 9
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi.

This issue happens only on PCs with Windows 10 1809 (fresh install and upgraded from 1803).

On the PC with Windows 10 1803 everything is OK.

In ePO Server Task Log and in McAfee Agent Monitors I has see, that the installing process runs without errors and complete successfully

In our corporate network the epo 5.9.1 has been running  is for a long time, with which we have successfully deployed antivirus packages, DLP, and MCP clients on workstations and laptops.

The current problem arose literally yesterday, after installing on our new computer with Windows 10 1809 or upgrade from 1803 on old PC, where previously deployment runs succesfully.

I will Attach logs in next answer in this post.

Tags (3)
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi wadim,

The version involved in this matter are all compatible with each other, and so supported. No concerns here.

ref:
Windows 10 compatibility with McAfee products
Technical Articles ID:   KB85784

For reasons beyond my control, I can't collect the logs, I'm denied access. Robot Mad sorry!

If as you say you can see the process run and then complete, with no errors (on screen or pop up) the logs will be needed I'm afraid.

Unless someone else can collect them, I can only suggest you call support to have the support team look into this and advise as needed.

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

As Hawkmoon suggested, please call into support and open a ticket.  We do not advise posting logs here on a public forum because they can contain sensitive company information that should not be made public, such as system names, ip addresses, etc.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
vvadim
Level 9
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Problem was resolved with using McAfee Agent 5.5.1.388 

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator