cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 and EPO 4.6

Having an issue pushing endpoints to a windows 8 machine. I am able to push the McAfee Agent, but it will not push the endpoint products. I can see the machine as managed from the EPO server and it has Agent 4.6.0.3122

10 Replies
alexn
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 11

Re: Windows 8 and EPO 4.6

install latest extensions of all endpoints from ePO Software manager and try again.

ays
Level 7
Message 3 of 11

There is same problem on my system.

Is there any solution abouth this???

an idea?

Tristan
Level 15
Message 4 of 11

What version of VSE and patch level are you trying to deploy?

VSE 8.8 patch 3 is the minimum required for Win8.

Specifically, make sure you have the full install ready to push. It should read VSE 8.8.0.1128. If the build number is lower than that it won't work.

ays
Level 7
Message 6 of 11

i couldn't understand that why you said something abouth VSE, there is nothing abouth it.

Tristan
Level 15
Message 7 of 11

VSE = VirusScan Enterprise. I'm assuming it's the endpoint software you and the OP are trying to deploy from ePO.

Message was edited by: Tristan on 21/11/13 15:36:07 GMT
Reliable Contributor andrep1
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 11

You might get more exposure if this was posted in the right forum. This forum is for the ePO API and not ePO operations per say.

If the managed products deployements are failing, do you see anything in the agent log ? Do you see client events that show the failure in ePO. We really don't have much to work on...

Need more information about which "Endpoint Products" are not working with Windows 8.   If the MA is installed and reporting to ePO, then so long as the the product you are pushing is Windows 8 compatiable you should have and issue.    someone already reported that VSE needs to be 8.8.0.1128.   Are you haveing an issue with EEPC?  EEFF?  DLPe?  SA?

Endpoitn Encryptions for PC (EEPC)

endpoitn Encryption for Files and Folders (EEFF)

Data Loss Prevention for Endpoints (DLPe)

Saite Advisor  (SA)

ays
Level 7
Message 10 of 11

i am using epo 4.6 dlpe 9.3 .  and they are working with windows 8.1 as this link:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68147

i can install mcafee agent and epo but there is no event and event report when i use USB or print screen etc.

Also there is a service called 'McAfee Firewall Core Service' on XP SP3 systems but there is not in windows 8 and ;'McAfee DLP Endpoint Service'  isn't working, too...

Is there anythig that i must to do??

Message was edited by: ays on 11/22/13 1:17:29 AM CST

Message was edited by: ays on 11/22/13 1:32:50 AM CST
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community