cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 with Mcafee Enterprise Virus Scan 8.7.0.570

Jump to solution

Hello,

Im trying to install Mcafee Virus Scan Enterprise via EPO on Windows 7 machines. I have installed Epo agent 4.5. I then installed VSE 8.7 patch 3 via EPO. Despite this the EPO clients on Windows 7 do not get the VSE install they only get the EPO agent 4.5. I have read the previous posts telling me to install the repost of VSE 8.7 Patch 2 and to maybe avoid patch 3 but I have already installed patch 3 into extensions on EPO and cannot now go from patch 3 to patch 2.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get VSE installed on Windows 7?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Windows 7 with Mcafee Enterprise Virus Scan 8.7.0.570

Jump to solution

If you go to https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=home

and search on platform codes, you will probably find your answer.  You need to tweak your tasks (probably recreate them) to work with Win7.

Have fun

kc.mcafee.com is your friend.

7 Replies

Jump to solution

I have uninstalled the patch 3 in extensions via EPO and replaced it with patch2. Ill update the EPO tasks and install the package on a few test machines and see

Jump to solution

Despite checking the other patch in im still getting:

2010-03-24 13:00:53 E #2200 Sched <<--CSchedule::UpdateOneTask hr=0x80000016 : Platform is not matched
2010-03-24 13:00:53 E #2200 Sched Failed to update the task 6 of EPOAGENT3000 at enforcement (Error: 0x80000016)

I have installed patch 2 in extensions and still no VSE installed on windows 7 clients

Highlighted

Jump to solution

If you go to https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=home

and search on platform codes, you will probably find your answer.  You need to tweak your tasks (probably recreate them) to work with Win7.

Have fun

kc.mcafee.com is your friend.

Jump to solution

Thats spot on HupSkiDup, i had not finished all the steps in the KBs that address this, specifically I had not deleted and recreated the deployment/update tasks.

Unfortunately I deleted the extension in EPO for the VSE 8.7 Patch 3 and with that my policies disappeared. There was some chaos but mostly sorted now. If anyone know how to get their policies back let me know id appreciate it.

Thanks again

McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Unfortunately you can't get the policies back - once the extension is removed, all policies are removed from the database.

The only way to get them back would be to restore a DB backup.

Regards -

Joe

Jump to solution

Fair enough Joe, thought as much. I have rebuilt the policies as best I can.

Thanks again

McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

No problem...

Once you've got the policies the way you want them, I'd suggest exporting them - that way you can reimport them should it be necessary. I would also strongly recommend that you re-export them if you upgrade the extension for the product - so if you upgrade the VSE extension, re-export just the VSE policies - as it's entirely possible that policies can be extension-specific.

HTH -

Joe

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community